John St John-Mosse has been living with Parkinson’s Disease for over twelve years. But as he says, it hasn’t got him. He’s raised over £120,000 for charity!
John has cycled over 11,000 miles since getting Parkinson’s. Whilst doing challenges and fund raising for Parkinson’sUK he has cycled through Vietnam and Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Myanmar and China. In addition he has completed three accents of Mont Ventoux in one day, completed 6 Nightrider London challenges, 2 Prudential 100’s and Wainright’s Coast to Coast.
Thai/Malaysia/Singapore Cycle Challenge 2019
John’s last challenge was in November 2019. He cycled from Krabi in southern Thailand, down through Malaysia to finish in Singapore. It was about 1,000 miles, but who’s counting!? You can read his blog below..
This video tells you more:
You can go to his Just Giving page here:
You can see many of his videos on the GoneActive Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKXjgI1xpCPUK7TvrNEUX2w
Check out the John’s blog feed below for more information on his activities and fundraising…
- The TMS Cycling Challenge Introduction.John and I started talking about this trip in early 2018. John’s father had been a prisoner of war at Changi jail in Singapore during World War Two and John was keen to visit the location, museum and chapel, so it was logical to design a cycling challenge that finished in Singapore. We both have … Continue reading The TMS Cycling Challenge Introduction.
- The ThaiMalaySingapore Cycle Challenge. Day 0Sunday 2nd November: We leave London Heathrow at 1100hrs and Singapore Airways takes us to its home land in 12 hours arriving their time at 0700hrs. We have 7 hours to kill before flying up to Krabi. Changi airport is considered by many to be the best airport in the world and terminal 3, our … Continue reading The ThaiMalaySingapore Cycle Challenge. Day 0
- The TMS Cycling Challenge: Day OneTuesday 5th November. Ok. So its the start of a new cycling challenge. New route, similar pattern. Up early, meet the guys, have breakfast, load the van and be away by 0900 hrs. We drive out of Krabi for about 10kms towards Tiger Cave Temple, a sacred site north east of the town where we … Continue reading The TMS Cycling Challenge: Day One
- The TMS Cycling Challenge: Day TwoWednesday 6th November. A Day of Reflection and Calm So, time for John to rebuild and let his body react to the fall and get stronger. We spent the morning at our guest house in Sikao. John mostly sleeping, Mark writing the TMS blog and Sang walking the beach. We regroup at mid-daypack the Toyota … Continue reading The TMS Cycling Challenge: Day Two
- The TMS Cycling Challenge: Day ThreeThursday 7th November. We start the day early as we were advised to see sunrise over the bay and needed to be there for 0615. John, Sang and Mark duly obliged only to find sufficient cloud cover to blot it out. Plan B was to visit MuKo Phetra National Park, a stones throw from where … Continue reading The TMS Cycling Challenge: Day Three